Understanding your assets to determine how much capital will be need when.
Capital planning is traditionally a 5- or 10-year plan that identifies capital projects and component renewals throughout a building or site. This planning period forecasts the most accurate data without repetition of system renewal. The benefits of a capital plan include:
- Systematic Evaluation. Allowing for a systematic evaluation of all potential projects at the same time to determine their viability within a scheduled timeframe.
- Financial. The ability to stabilize debt and consolidate projects, reducing capital and borrowing costs.
- Schedule and Budget. Providing alignment of schedule and budget to share with building occupants
Capital plans typically include:
- Component description and units of measurement.
- Component renewals ranked by year
- A timetable recommended for the completion of this work
Our team uses RSMeansTM and local experience to craft the estimates. Project cost accounts for average construction including contractor markups, overhead, profit, and owner soft costs (architectural/engineering fees, project management fees, and contingencies).
K2M Design is proud to have a long-term relationship with NASA providing deferred maintenance assessments at facilities around the world.
Cuyahoga County Justice Center
A 2.2 million square foot facility condition assessment and master planning project to set the future course of justice in Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Allen County Juvenile Justice Center
K2M Design partnered with Allen County and Allen County Common Pleas Court to provide a complete facility assessment and planning study to determine how the built environment can best serve the future needs of the Juvenile Justice Center for Allen County.
Lake County Public Safety Center
K2M Design contracted with Lake County to project its jail capacity for adult and juvenile facilities for the next 20 years, to create a project program, evaluate a predetermined site, and estimate probable costs.