Comprehensive surveys evaluate levels of compliance and provides recommendations for jurisdictional requirements.
The K2M team performs accessibility surveys of your facility and site to determine areas of non-conformance to applicable codes. Detailed inspections of building and site elements capture existing conditions and measurements of key conditions of non-compliant items/areas taken. In addition, the team of ADA specialists, architects, and engineers provide recommendations to bring facilities into compliance with supporting detail, technical feasibility, and cost.
K2M will prioritize the recommendations in order of magnitude to bring the facility within the compliance guidelines of the governing accessibility codes. Transition plans are developed for larger institutions where a multi-year budgeting is required. Reports include:
- Code Overview / Executive Summary explaining accessibility requirements and the survey process for each facility, roadway, or project site
- Barrier, Location and Accessibility Code / Code Citation (if applicable)
- Recommended Solutions
- Clarification Codes and Comments for each Recommendation
- Cost per item
- General Priority per the Preamble to the governing accessibility code
- Photos of typical or unique barriers
- Key Plan drawings as appropriate to locate areas of concern
- Written Facility Summaries
- Capability for ongoing database management
Tri-C ADA Assessment
K2M Design performed Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance assessments including cost estimating and 5-year capital planning for Cuyahoga Community College at their Metro, Eastern, and Western Campuses.
K2M Design has worked together to renovate and transform more than 150,000 SF of renovations.
Monroe Co Admin Space
Monroe County and the K2M team undertook a comprehensive strategic needs analysis and facilities assessment for both the short-term (5 year) and long-term (25 year).
K2M Design partnered with Haris Design and Construction and M&T Bank to provide and Accessibility Surveys for the M&T Bank throughout the Mid Atlantic.
K2M provided accessibility assessment services for the building and limited site area.
For the historic Renaissance Hotel property, K2M performed an Accessibility survey using ANSI 117.1 standards, a historical assessment, an egress analysis, and an exterior assessment of the facade.