Building Envelope Ordinances
City of Cleveland Building Envelope Ordinance The City of Cleveland recently passed a new building facade ordinance on buildings that are at least five stores or seventy-five feet above grade.
The requirement begins June 2016 and all buildings 50 years or older must have an inspection filed with the City within one year, while buildings 30-50 years old must complete the same within two years; re-inspection every five years.
Technical Assurance and K2M Design are a team of architects, engineers, and building envelope specialists with vast experience completing facility conditions assessments throughout Greater Cleveland. Our comprehensive understanding of building components, project costing, and report development is demonstrated through our assessments of many substantial urban complexes.
K2M Design and Technical Assurance have built a trusted partnership over the years and have significant experience as a team, completing multiple assessment and planning projects together. We are experts in assessing Northeast Ohio building enclosures, with compelling experience having assessed hundreds of millions of square feet for facilities across the country and globally.
- Facility Conditions Assessments
- Deferred Maintenance
- Facade and Roof Design and Consulting
- Parking Garage Design and Consulting
- Exterior Hardscapes
- Building Enclosure Commissioning
- Historic Restoration
- Post Occupancy Evaluations
- Building System Asset Management
- 925 Euclid Avenue
- Amasa Stone Chapel
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland State University
- Cuyahoga County Administration Building
- Cuyahoga County Justice Center
- Cleveland Clinic Buildings
- Destination Cleveland
- Embassy Suites Beachwood
- Family Promise of Greater Cleveland
- Grand Arcade
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- Perry Payne
- Renaissance Cleveland
- Standard Building
- United Church of Christ Headquarters
- Waterstreet Condos
- Westin Hotel
- and many others